The Department is now accepting applications for SCG program funding requests to correct malfunctioning septic systems which directly or indirectly discharge sewage to waterbodies of the State or are causing public health problems. The SCG Application must be submitted by February 18, 2022, before 5pm.
With the 130th Maine Legislature’s approval of Governor Mills’ The Maine Jobs & Recovery Plan, one-time funding in the amount of $3,000,000 has been allocated to the Small Community Grant program, administered by the Department of Environmental Protection (DEP). This funding was provided by the American Rescue Plan Act of 2021 to be used toward State Fiscal Recovery. In 2022, $1,000,000 is available for Municipalities to apply for projects, and the remaining funds will be released in 2023.
The Municipality must submit the Grant Application, to determine initially if the Owner(s) qualifies for grant funds by providing the following information:
- Applicant Information form
- Application Description of Existing Conditions Form
- Tax Assessors Card for the property
- Copy of the most recent Federal Income Tax Return for all owners (individuals or entities) associated with property
- Do not include IRS attachments unless specifically requested by the Department. Black out social security and bank account numbers.
- In cases where a Federal Income Tax return is not filed, the owner must provide alternative documentation to the applicant for review and approval by the Department.
Please see application attachments below:
SCG Application Existing Conditions