Ashley S. Albrecht

Town Clerk

Veronica J. LaCascia

Deputy Town Clerk

Sean C. Day

Deputy Town Clerk

Jamie L. Ferguson

Deputy Town Clerk

June 20, 2024 • The Town Offices will be closed from 11:00 AM to 1:00 PM

for staff to attend an employee appreciation event hosted by the Community Center.

Business will resume at 1:00 P.M. 

Thank you for understanding.

The Bridgton Town Clerk’s office, located in the municipal complex at 3 Chase St., facilitates a variety of permits, licenses, and documentation, including hunting & fishing licenses and permits, vehicle registrations, event permits, and more.

Victualers Licensing Ordinance click here
Victualers License Application click here  AND Background Check Release Form (cost of background check is $31 per person if applicable) click here

Marijuana Establishments Licensing Ordinance click here
Marijuana Establishment Application click here  AND Background Check Release Form (cost of background check is $31 per person) click here

Use of Town Owned Property Policy click here and Application click here

Certificate of Sole Proprietor Adopting Name Other Than Own click here
Certificate of Association for Purpose of Engaging in Mercantile Enterprise click here
Certificate of Withdrawal From Mercantile Enterprise click here

We can help you . . .

  • Register a Vehicle

    To register your vehicle in Bridgton for the first time, you’ll need to bring all of your vehicle documentation into the Town Office and we will help you through the process. If you’re not sure what you need, give us a call at 647-8786. To renew your registration, you can either come in to see us, or use Maine RapidRenewal to quickly renew online.

  • Register a Boat

    To register your boat for the first time, you’ll need to come in and we’ll help you complete the paperwork. To renew your boat registration, you can either come in or click here to renew online with the Maine Dept. of Inland Fisheries & Wildlife.

  • Register an ATV or Snowmobile

    To register an ATV or snowmobile for the first time with the Town of Bridgton, you’ll need to visit the town offices in person with your documentation. To renew, you can either come in to see us or renew online with the Maine Department of Inland Fisheries & Wildlife.

  • Register a Dog

    Dog registrations can be obtained and renewed in person at any time here at the Town Offices. You can also obtain or renew your dog’s registration online via the State of Maine dog licensing service — but this service is only available from Oct. 15 to Jan. 31. Either way, you will need to have the following items on hand:

    • Credit Card (or cash/check, if registering/renewing in person)
    • License/Tag number (Renewal only)
    • State of Maine Rabies certificate
    • Veterinarian’s name and phone number
    • Spay or Neuter Certificate (if your dog has been “fixed”)
  • Make a Tax, Utility, or General Payment

    To make any payment, you’re always welcome to come in to the town offices; or you can make a tax, utility, or general payment online via the State of Maine ePayment Portal for Bridgton.

  • Obtain a Hunting or Fishing License or Permit

    Most, but not all, hunting and fishing licenses and permits can be purchased either in person here at the Bridgton Town Office or via the Department of Inland Fisheries & Wildlife’s online hunting and fishing licensing system. To learn which license is right for you, what the requirements are, and where to obtain it, please reference the following pages (or give us a call!):

    MDIFW Hunting License & Permit Information

    MDIFW Fishing License Information

  • Obtain a Copy of a Vital Record

    To obtain a copy of a birth certificate, death certificate, or marriage certificate filed with the Town of Bridgton, you will need to fill out the Bridgton Vital Records Request Form. Anyone wishing to obtain a copy of someone else’s vital record must have a signed and notorized Authorization to Release a Vital Record from someone who can convey that permission.

  • Get something notorized

    Notary Public
    Here at the Town Clerk’s Office, we provide Notary Public services to Bridgton residents and taxpayers at no charge. We are also happy to provide Notary services to non-residents/non-taxpayers for a fee of $5.00 per signature (please call the office in advance for documents exceeding 5 signatures to determine availability).   You must provide your own witness, if applicable. 


    To confirm a Notary Public or Dedimus Justice’s current status, or search for one by area or spoken language, visit the Maine Notary Public and Dedimus Justice Search.

  • Get Married

    To learn about general Maine marriage license requirements, statutes, & laws, visit the State of Maine’s Marriage Licensing Info page.

    One of your requirements is to submit an Intention of Marriage. This is a legal document, and you are responsible and liable for providing the information and documentation as required. Here are the instructions:

    • Complete the State of Maine Intention of Marriage form and have both signatures notarized, or sign the documents before one of the clerks in the Town Office. Proof of identity may be required.
    • If either party is divorced, widowed, or has had their previous marriage legally annulled, you must provide the certified document verifying how the previous. marriage ended. ‘Certified’ means that the document is affixed with a raised seal and/or contains original signatures.
    • File your Intention of Marriage in the Town Clerk’s office of a Maine municipality in which at least one of you resides (so as long as one future spouse resides in Bridgton, you can come see us!). The filing fee is $40. If both of you live out of state, you may file your Intention of Marriage in any Maine municipal office, including ours.
    • Once your Intention of Marriage has been filed and your license has been issued, you may marry anywhere within the State of Maine. Your marriage license will expire 90 days from the filing date of your Intention of Marriage.
    • Both parties must sign their license in front of the Town Clerk before it can be issued. Proof of identity may be required.
    • Your officiant is required to file the marriage license within seven (7) days. A certified copy (legal document) of the marriage certificate can be obtained from the issuing Town Office after the license has been filed. The fee is $15.00 for the first copy and $6.00 for each additional copy purchased at the same time.

    Ready to make it official? Congratulations!

    Download the Marriage Intention Form Here.

  • Obtain General Assistance

    For information on Bridgton’s General Assistance program, explore the documents below:

    General Assistance FAQ