The Bridgton Town Clerk’s office, located in the municipal complex at 3 Chase St., facilitates a variety of permits, licenses, and documentation, including hunting & fishing licenses and permits, vehicle registrations, event permits, and more.
Victualers and Marijuana Establishments Licensing Ordinance click here
We can help you . . .
Register a Vehicle
To register your vehicle in Bridgton for the first time, you’ll need to bring all of your vehicle documentation into the Town Office and we will help you through the process. If you’re not sure what you need, give us a call at 647-8786. To renew your registration, you can either come in to see us, or use Maine RapidRenewal to quickly renew online.
Register a Boat
To register your boat for the first time, you’ll need to come in and we’ll help you complete the paperwork. To renew your boat registration, you can either come in or click here to renew online with the Maine Dept. of Inland Fisheries & Wildlife.
Register an ATV or Snowmobile
To register an ATV or snowmobile for the first time with the Town of Bridgton, you’ll need to visit the town offices in person with your documentation. To renew, you can either come in to see us or renew online with the Maine Department of Inland Fisheries & Wildlife.
Register a Dog
Dog registrations can be obtained and renewed in person at any time here at the Town Offices. You can also obtain or renew your dog’s registration online via the State of Maine dog licensing service — but this service is only available from Oct. 15 to Jan. 31. Either way, you will need to have the following items on hand:
- Credit Card (or cash/check, if registering/renewing in person)
- License/Tag number (Renewal only)
- State of Maine Rabies certificate
- Veterinarian’s name and phone number
- Spay or Neuter Certificate (if your dog has been “fixed”)
Make a Tax, Utility, or General Payment
To make any payment, you’re always welcome to come in to the town offices; or you can make a tax, utility, or general payment online via the State of Maine ePayment Portal for Bridgton.
Obtain a Hunting or Fishing License or Permit
Most, but not all, hunting and fishing licenses and permits can be purchased either in person here at the Bridgton Town Office or via the Department of Inland Fisheries & Wildlife’s online hunting and fishing licensing system. To learn which license is right for you, what the requirements are, and where to obtain it, please reference the following pages (or give us a call!):
Obtain a Copy of a Vital Record
To obtain a copy of a birth certificate, death certificate, or marriage certificate filed with the Town of Bridgton, you will need to fill out the Bridgton Vital Records Request Form. Anyone wishing to obtain a copy of someone else’s vital record must have a signed and notorized Authorization to Release a Vital Record from someone who can convey that permission.
Get something notorized
Notary Public/Dedimus Justice
Here at the Town Clerk’s Office, we provide Notary Public services to Bridgton residents and taxpayers at no charge. We are also happy to provide Notary services to non-residents/non-taxpayers for a fee of $5.00 per document.
To confirm a Notary Public or Dedimus Justice’s current status, or search for one by area or spoken language, visit the Maine Notary Public and Dedimus Justice Search.
To learn about general Maine marriage license requirements, statutes, & laws, visit the State of Maine’s Marriage Licensing Info page.
One of your requirements is to submit an Intention of Marriage. This is a legal document, and you are responsible and liable for providing the information and documentation as required. Here are the instructions:
- Complete the State of Maine Intention of Marriage form and have both signatures notarized, or sign the documents before one of the clerks in the Town Office. Proof of identity may be required.
- If either party is divorced, widowed, or has had their previous marriage legally annulled, you must provide the certified document verifying how the previous. marriage ended. ‘Certified’ means that the document is affixed with a raised seal and/or contains original signatures.
- File your Intention of Marriage in the Town Clerk’s office of a Maine municipality in which at least one of you resides (so as long as one future spouse resides in Bridgton, you can come see us!). The filing fee is $40. If both of you live out of state, you may file your Intention of Marriage in any Maine municipal office, including ours.
- Once your Intention of Marriage has been filed and your license has been issued, you may marry anywhere within the State of Maine. Your marriage license will expire 90 days from the filing date of your Intention of Marriage.
- Both parties must sign their license in front of the Town Clerk before it can be issued. Proof of identity may be required.
- Your officiant is required to file the marriage license within seven (7) days. A certified copy (legal document) of the marriage certificate can be obtained from the issuing Town Office after the license has been filed. The fee is $15.00 for the first copy and $6.00 for each additional copy purchased at the same time.
Ready to make it official? Congratulations!
Obtain General Assistance
For information on Bridgton’s General Assistance program, explore the documents below:
Purchase a Cemetery Lot
Bridgton’s Cemetery rates are listed below. To purchase a cemetery lot, or if you have any questions, contact Laurie Chadbourne. You can find rules and regulations here, and the grave opening form here. For Forest Hills Cemetery Maps, click here.
ITEM PRICE NOTES/RESTRICTIONS Cemetery Lot – Resident/Taxpayer $800.00 2 grave lot Cemetery Lot – Non-Resident/Taxpayer $1,000.00 2 grave lot Cremation Lot in Urn Garden- Resident/Taxpayer $200.00 per lot Cremation Lot in Urn Garden – Non-Resident/Taxpayer $250.00 per lot Burial – Work Week $500.00 Burial – Weekends and Holidays $700.00 weekend = Saturday, Sunday and Monday Cremation Burial – Work Week $200.00 Cremation Burial – Weekends and Holidays $350.00 weekend = Saturday, Sunday and Monday Administration Fee (may be applicable) $50.00